We're committed to running an accessible, inclusive and safe conference for everyone. We're working with My Kind of Tech to add extra ✨ to our inclusion programme. To make this an event for everyone, we will do the following:
- Having a Code of Conduct which will be enforced.
- Ensuring all of our team members (including volunteers) are trained in incident response to swift resolve matters in a kind and caring way.
- The venue we book will have wheelchair accessibility.
- We will have live transcriptions for those who are hard of hearing, with transcripts available after the event.
- Early bird tickets will cost just £50, with general availability tickets costing £75. This is a very low price point compared to many other conferences. Food and refreshments will be included in this cost.
- We will facilitate free tickets to those who cannot afford the ticket cost. This will be mainly funded by an optional donation on ticket purchase, and supplemented by Underland.
- Speakers will be offered 1-on-1 advice and mentorship if they are first-time speakers or want to otherwise build confidence.
- Speakers will receive payment of £300 to cover their travel and accommodation. We hope this will encourage those who are concerned by the cost of participation to still submit a proposal.
- Part of our speaker requirements will be a "content warning" slide at the start of each talk, with time to leave if attendees want to.
- All-Vegan menu by default.
- Committed to a diverse speaker lineup.
- Small fund available to cover childcare costs for attendees.
- Ensuring availability of gender-neutral facilities, aiming to not have gendered facilities at all.
- Working towards having a quiet breakout space for those who need to cool off from the social activity.
- A dedicated team member to support any attendees with accessibility requirements.
The Underland and My Kind of Tech teams hope this will make the event comfortable for everyone. If there's something more you think we could be doing, please get in touch.